Spectro Goes Handheld with the SpectroFluidscan Q1000!
SpectroFluidscan Q1000 Handheld Lubricant Condition Monitor
SpectroFluidscan Q1000 was made possible due to years of experience and extensive research and development based on our customer’s need to have an on-site lubricant analysis capability. FluidScan represents the state-of-the-art in infrared technology and can be used to quickly check the condition of lubricants such as hydraulic fluids, engine oils, turbine oils and gear oils for degradation and the presence of contaminants.
Click play to start.
Spectro Inc is a company committed to providing world-class technology and responsive solutions to its customers. With almost 30 years of experience in providing instrumentation, applications and service support for the in-service oil analysis market, Spectro Inc. is proud to add the FluidScan to its portfolio of instrumentation optimized and dedicated to this market. There are thousands of Spectro Inc. instruments in operation throughout the world in support of predictive maintenance applications. They include the award winning Spectroil M elemental analysis spectrometer, the only tested and approved instrument for use in the U.S. Department of Defense Joint Oil Analysis Program (JOAP).
The SpectroFluidscan Q1000 is a handheld condition based maintenance monitor that protects machinery by determining when a lubricant needs to be changed due to excessive contamination or degradation. Its detection capabilities can determine lubrication contamination, degradation and cross-contamination at the point of use by measuring key oil condition parameters in both synthetic and petroleum-based lubricants and fluids. FluidScan can readily determine TAN, TBN, oxidation, nitration, sulfation, additive depletion, incorrect lubricant, water, glycol, soot and glycerine and FAME in Biodiesels.
The SpectroFluidscan Q1000 is unique because of its advance design and technology, and its exceptional capabilities above and beyond standard infrared analysis including:
(Click Image to Enlarge)
- Ability to measure TAN and TBN with superb correlation compared to the complex and time consuming titration laboratory methods.
- Multivariate calibrations are applied so that quantitative readings can be obtained even with complex contaminated samples. Our research, development and application group has produced an extensive library of spectra from a huge database of commonly used lubricants and chemometric techniques to automatically subtract the presence of interferants. The result is better accuracy and quantitative analytical data.
- Spectra matching software is used to create the best possible correlation of the unknown sample with different families of lubricants already in the FluidScan’s memory. Support from our applications group is available to create spectra for if no perfect match is found.
- The patent pending flip-top cell design allows for the easiest, most reliable and fastest results. The cell design eliminates the common problem of fringing effects found in conventional cells.
- The patent pending flip-top cell is even capable of analyzing greases, eliminating the need of ATR cells. The design offers an improved alternative to ATR with better limits of detection, lower noise and improved repeatability.
- The FluidScan can determine glycerin, TAN, FAME and water for biodiesel fuels.
- The included FluidScan Monitoring Manager database software can be used to synchronize the FluidScan with a personal computer to archive, trend and report results.
- Default alarm limits for analytical results are included to provide warnings of impending problems. They can be customized and modified to represent local equipment usage and trends.
At 4 pounds (1.8 Kg), all of these unique features are possible in the palm of your hand.
Product Features and Videos
Product Information and Applications