Off-Highway Heavy Equipment
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Machine Condition Monitoring based on oil analysis has become an important, if not mandatory, maintenance practice for the construction, mining, and agricultural industries. Equipment in this industry is frequently exposed to severe environmental and working conditions. An effective oil analysis program will keep a mine’s important assets in operation by reducing unexpected failures and costly unscheduled downtime.
Typical systems that are applicable to oil analysis include diesel engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems and gearboxes. Important tests for monitoring diesel engines are wear metals, water, viscosity, soot, and fuel dilution. For hydraulic systems, the primary tests include wear metals, viscosity, water and oxidation. In the case of gear systems, analytical tests for wear metals, particle count and ferrography are commonly applied.
Spectro Inc. has been working with large and small off-highway operations throughout the world to provide analytical instruments to enhance existing oil analysis programs and in some cases, we have even provided complete turnkey systems to implement a program from the beginning. We welcome the opportunity to continue to be of service to existing customers and to assist new customers with their oil analysis instrumentation needs.
Applicable Spectro Products
- Water Truck, Potential savings between $5,830 to $199,000
- Primary Crusher, Potential savings between $390,000 to $895,000
- Haul Truck, Potential savings between $8,000 to $192,000
- Rubber Wheel Dozer, Potential savings between $21,200 to $111,000
- Lubricant Mix-up
- Diesel Engine Coolant Analysis, New Application for Established Instrumentation
- Direct Image Analysis for Detecting Abnormal Wear and Contamination in Used Oil Samples
Sample Spectro Customers
- Barrick Goldstrike Mines
- Caterpillar Shanghai Engine Co.
- Leighton Contractors
- Phelps Dodge